Leith’s tribute to Roy
Damien Leith performs the songs of Roy Orbison and shares stories about the Rock ‘n’ Roll and Songwriters’ Hall of Fame inductee.
- Drum Theatre, corner Lonsdale and Walker streets, Dandenong. Saturday 15 July, 8pm to 10pm. Tickets are priced from $55. Visit www.drumtheatre.com.au or call 8571 1666.
Winter Bushland Adventure
This weekend is your last chance to pay a trip to Healesville Sanctuary for its school holidays Winter Bushland Adventure. Visitors will be able to visit the magical Storynook at the Heritage Shelter and enjoy animated readings of classic Aussie kids’ stories against the beautiful backdrop of a cosy open fire.
- Daily from 9am to 5pm until 16 July at Healesville Sanctuary. Activity cost is included within the general admission ticket. Children under 16 visit free during school holidays.
Gumbuya Park school holidays fun
Home to creatures great and small, Gumbuya Park is open all school holidays. Complete with rides, a cafe and wildlife, Gumbuya has everything visitors need for a fun-filled family adventure.
- Open daily from 11am to 4pm at 2705 Princes Highway, Tynong. Visit www.gumbuya.com.au for pricing.
Want to stay out of the cold this weekend? View the work of local filmmaker and photographer Brian J. Hughes at the Cardinia Cultural Centre Gallery. This free exhibition features local landscapes, wildlife, people and places and is on until Friday 29 September.
- Cardinia Cultural Centre, 40 Lakeside Boulevard, Pakenham. More details can be found at cardinia.vic.gov.au
Participate with more than 100 others in a free five-kilometre timed event every Saturday morning. The event caters for serious runners and for those wanting a jog or even a walk.
- Saturdays at 8am at Berwick Springs. Visit the Berwick Springs Parkrun website for more information.