Empty Worlds’ debut show
Young Pakenham-based band Empty Worlds will be performing their first gig supported by Thrash Metal band ShreddedR.
– Friday 19 January at the IYU Reserve, Henry Road Pakenham. Doors open 6:30pm.
Free tennis day
Take the family down to the Pakenham Regional Tennis Centre for a day of free tennis and fun activities including face painting, games, free tennis lessons, barbecue, prizes, membership information and show bags.
-Saturday 20 January from 11am – 3pm at the Pakenham Regional Tennis Centre, 11 Webster Way Pakenham.
Hunter Express launch
The Hunter Express is an indie rock/folk project spearheaded by Pakenham songwriter Brad Ellis. With an EP in 2016 and a fresh LP just released, Ellis will be performing the songs as a trio with gripping instrumentation and unique folk melodies.
-Saturday 20 and 27 January, both 6pm at the Wesley Anne, 250 High Street Northcote.
Casey in Colour
There will be a different code of racing at the Cranbourne Turf Club this month as thousands of residents prepare to descend on the racetrack for the Casey in Colour, Run for YOUth. The countdown is on, with a huge crowd expected to turn out this Saturday with runners and walkers asked to dress to the theme of Back in Black. Participants can enter a 1.5km or 3km run that has been designed around the racecourse.
– Saturday 20 January Cranbourne Turf Club from 2.30pm- 8.30pm. For more information and to register, visit www.casey.vic.gov.au/caseyincolour. People are advised to register online before the day.
Green Film – A Plastic Ocean
Join us for a free screening of this award-winning film described as “One of the most important films of our time” by Sir David Attenborough. Bookings are required. To book your place, please visit the TryBooking website.
– Bunjil Place – 2 Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren on Friday 19 January from 6.30pm – 9pm. Free entry.
Op Shop Tour of Casey
Join us on a bus trip and discover new op shops as well as amazing bargains. Bookings are required. To book, please visit the TryBooking website.
– Saturday 20 January from 9am – 4pm at 2 Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren. Free entry. Website: https://www.trybooking.com/TIVB. Telephone: 9705 5200.
Tooradin Tractor Pull
The Tooradin Tractor Pull and Truck Show has been an annual event since 1998 and has grown into a fabulous family day packed with lots of fun things to see and do. It is a non-profit event that is run by a committee of local community people putting all proceeds back into our local clubs, schools and various charities.
– Saturday 20 January from 10am – 10pm at Rutter Park located at 2920 South Gippsland Highway, Tooradin. Cost: Adult $25, Child $10, Family $60. Website: http://www.tooradintractorpullers.com.au.