By Mitchell Clarke
Five new active cases of Covid-19 have been detected in Cardinia Shire overnight, bringing the total number of active cases to 60.
The steady increase in cases comes on a day where Victoria recorded 471 new cases overnight, since Wednesday 5 August.
The total ever number of cases in the Cardinia Shire has reached triple figures and is sitting at 103.
According to data from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), there are currently 330 active cases in Casey, 200 in Greater Dandenong, 140 in Yarra Ranges, six in Baw Baw and four in Bass Coast.
Current active cases in Cardinia according to CovidLive, up until Thursday 6 August:
– Pakenham, Pakenham South, Pakenham Upper, Rythdale (3810): 32 active cases
– Officer, Officer South (3809): 19 active cases
– Beaconsfield Upper, Dewhurst (3808): 0 active cases
– Beaconsfield, Guys Hill (3807): four active cases
– Avonsleigh, Clematis, Emerald, Macclesfield (3782): two active cases
– Gembrook (3783): 0 active cases
– Cockatoo, Mount Burnett, Nangana (3781): one active case
– Tynong, Tynong North (3813): 0 active cases
– Cora Lynn, Garfield, Garfield North, Vervale (3814): 0 active cases
– Maryknoll, Nar Nar Goon, Nar Nar Goon North (3812): one active case
– Bunyip, Bunyip North, Iona, Tonimbuk (3815): 0 active cases
– Bayles, Catani, Dalmore, Heath Hill, Koo Wee Rup, Koo Wee Rup North, Yannathan (3981): 0 active cases
– Caldermeade, Lang Lang, Monomeith (3984): two active cases
Current active cases in Casey according to CovidLive, up until Thursday 6 August:
– Cardinia, Clyde, Clyde North (3978): 19 active cases
– Berwick, Harkaway (3806): 20 active cases
– Fountain Gate, Narre Warren, Narre Warren South (3805): 53 active cases
– Narre Warren East, Narre Warren North (3804): two active cases
Statewide, there is currently 7449 active cases.