Lawnmower bursts into flames

Fire crew were called to a property in Pakenham after a lawnmower suddenly caught fire.

By Jessica Anstice

Fire crew were called to a property along Army Road in Pakenham after a lawnmower suddenly caught fire at about 11.15am on Friday.

After a few laps of the lawn, the owner said the mower started “smoking up”.

The ride-on lawnmower was destroyed and a trail of burnt parts were left scattered on the lawn.

Luckily no one was injured but CFA members used a high-pressure hose to extinguish the flames.

Your first stop before buying a home. View the whole picture.